Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has a large list of smartphones that are very cost-effective, but one thing the company still does not want to see is how fast it updates the software on its devices.
Currently, only three smartphones in the company have the latest stable version of Google’s mobile operating system, Android Nougat, two of them ( Mi 6 and Mi Max 2 ), devices that already had the system pre-installed factory And Mi 5 , who received it via OTA a few weeks ago.
Others such as Mi Max, Mi 5s / 5s Plus, Mi 5c have already won Android 7.0 ( 1 , 2 , 3 ) – still in the testing phase – but most of the devices are still in Marshmallow.
However, the good news is that, according to AndroidAuthority, the company has confirmed the arrival of Nougat for 14 devices; Including some models that already have versions in development such as Mi Note 2 , Mi MIX , Redmi 4 / 4x, and those mentioned above.
The complete list is as follows:
- My 6 – Android 7.1.1 Nougat – Active
- My Max 2 – Android 7.1.1 Nougat – Active
- Redmi 4 – Android 7.1.1 Nougat – In tests
- Redmi 4X – Android 7.1.1 Nougat – In tests
- My 5c – Android 7.1.1 Nougat – Scheduled
- Mi Mix – Android 7.0 Nougat – In testing
- Mi Note 2 – Android 7.0 Nougat – In tests
- Mi 5s – Android 7.0 Nougat – In tests
- Mi 5s Plus – Android 7.0 Nougat – In tests
- Redmi Note 4 – Android 7.0 Nougat – Scheduled
- Redmi Note 4X – Android 7.0 Nougat – Scheduled
- My Max – Android 7.0 Nougat – Scheduled
- My 5 – Android 7.0 Nougat – Active
- My Note – Android 7.0 Nougat – Scheduled
- My 4c – Android 7.0 Nougat – Scheduled
- My 4s – Android 7.0 Nougat – Scheduled
The source points out that the information came directly from the MIUI team in China and that although there is no mention of the Redmi 4A in the list, there are reports that the device also receives the update.