Samsung finally released the first security build for the Galaxy A3 2017, officially released earlier this year in support of the brand’s mid-range portfolio.
This Android bundle is based on the May patch, addressing a total of 54 common vulnerabilities and critical vulnerabilities (CVEs) in the operating system, as well as implementing 11 exclusive patches for Galaxy smartphones, following Samsung’s monthly bulletin .
The new patch comes compiled under version A320FLXXU1AQE1, and is currently only available in Europe as the note of the South Korean company stresses, with other markets receiving the update from July.
Unfortunately, Samsung did not release the June update for the smartphone, but it is still valid to receive the package in this period, even if relatively late, mainly with the company’s focus on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, which in a way end up overshadowing mid-end niche devices in this quarterly compilation schedule.
Keep in mind that the Galaxy A3 2017 may still be the next device in the line awarded the Android Nougat in the second half, although no date was specified for the new system to land on the device officially.
The most recent security build can be installed via notification received via OTA, remembering that it is also possible to manually check for new versions by following the “Software Update” option in the platform settings.
Samsung Galaxy A3 2017
- Super AMOLED 4.7-inch screen with HD resolution (720 x 1280 pixels)
- Octa-Core chipset clocked at 1.6 GHz (model not reported)
- 2GB of RAM
- 16 GB of space for internal storage, expandable via microSD card up to 256 GB
- 13 megapixel main camera with f / 1.9 aperture
- 8-megapixel front camera with f / 1.9 aperture
- Samsung Pay compatible fingerprint reader
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.2, ANT +, NFC (UICC) and MST
- Proximity sensors, accelerometer, gyroscope, RGB light, hall and barometer
- USB Type-C
- IP68 certification against water and dust damage
- Dimensions 135.4 x 66.2 x 7.9 mm
- 2,350 mAh battery
- Android operating system 6.0.1 Marshmallow